Thursday, March 03, 2005

Baby Got Book

I like big Bibles and I can not lie
You Christian brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with a KJV
And a book mark in Proverbs
You get stoked
Got her name engraved
So you know that girl is saved
It looks like one of those large ones
With plenty o' space in the margins
Oh baby, I wanna read witcha
Cause your Bible's got pictures
My minister tried to console me
But that Book you got makes ("M-m-me so holy")
Ooh, momma-mia
You say you want koinonia
Well, bless me, bless me
And teach me about John Wesley

That's from "Baby Got Book," a take-off of Sir Mix-A-Lot's crass "Baby Got Back." Mark Liberman at Language Log thinks "Book" is "sacrilegious," while "Back" is "merely profane." Me? I think "Book" is hilarious. You have to really know the milieu.

Give me a Christian, I'm insistin'
And I'll greet her with some holy kissin'
Some pervert tried to chase
But he didn't make it past first base
She's quick to resist temptation
And she loves a new translation
So ladies who were lost and found
If you want the triple-six thrown down
Dial 1-800-READS-A-LOT
And teach me about those Psalms
Baby got Book

Chorus
(NIV with a ribbon bookmark)
Baby got Book
(Thompson Chain with big red letters)

(Bible college knowledge but she still got Book)

No comments: